I am available for facilitating workshops and presentations on:
- Social media
- Writing or editing
- And much more!
Please contact me at email@example.com for more information.
I have been using social media personally and professionally for nearly five years. My experience has included blogging for non-profits, local initiatives, and a health centre, writing my own health blog and rhetoric blog, and managing multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts. I am a Winnipeg-based freelance writer and editor as well as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, and I received first place in the 2010 Canadian Weblog Awards for Sports, Fitness and Nutrition and a top blog award in nutrition in 2011.
More presentations and workshops are currently being planned and scheduled! Stay posted for more details.
- Managing a Healthy Lifestyle (Sept. 13, 26, 27, 2012) with the Healthy Lifestyle Education Series at Vita Health stores: a discussion on the importance of healthy eating for overall wellbeing and for productivity, both for kids at school and adults in the workplace, plus tips for making healthy eating the norm.
- Tweeting for Engagement (Oct 17, 2012) with Volunteer Manitoba at United Way: are your messages generating discussion and feedback useful to your organization’s goals? We’ll look at:
- Briefly, how to use Twitter
- What all the hype is about
- How to engage and develop a following for non-profits
- Dig In MB (Nov. 2012) with Healthy Together Now's Share & Learn Conference: a look at the 2012 Dig In Challenge and how other organizations and groups can adopt some of the techniques (including community-based social marketing) that we used to ensure the project was a success.
- Twitter 101: Tweeting for Non-Profit and Volunteer Organizations (April 23, 2013): a webinar with Volunteer Manitoba and Health in Common.
- Panelist for downtown Winnipeg's community food forum (April 30, 2013): facilitating the food education group.
- How to Get Involved with Local Food Organizations (May 28, 2013): a food skill workshop through the Dig In Challenge.
- Social Media 101: Using Twitter and Facebook for Your Organization (Sept. 27, 2013) with Volunteer Manitoba: a half-day (9am - 12pm) workshop on how you can use social media to your advantage from an organizational perspective, build relationships, and increase awareness about your cause. Register here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/32306661931956.