- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Such a classic!
- Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. I really love this book. There is so much great information here about the value of leafy greens and of drinking green smoothies. It's also good inspiration for keeping going with drinking green smoothies daily
- Nutrition for Health, Fitness, & Sport by Melvin H. Williams. I'm not finished this one yet, but it's my final textbook to read for my nutrition course. Interesting information but it's a TOUGH read!
- The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis. Another wonderful classic. I forgot how short the books in the Narnia series are, though - I read this one in about an hour.
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. Yes, I'm reading the whole series. Whee!
- Lose Weight Without Dieting or Working Out! by J J Smith. Some pretty good basic information here, focusing on whole foods and relieving the body of toxins and such. But it's kind of just like any other book of this genre.
What books have you read recently?
How are we in 2012 already? How have I not written a blog post in over a month? Time flies by!
I added up all the books that I read in the 2011. They amounted to 61 books that I read all the way through, plus another 11 books that I started reading but never finished. Awesome! I have absolutely no idea how I managed to read all those books when I had such a crazy busy year.
Here are the books that I read in December 2011 (the ones I can remember, anyway ):
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman (the trilogy). I've loved this trilogy for years. So much adventure! These are can't-put-them-down type of books. It's also a really good series to read no matter what your age is.
- Lyra's Oxford by Philip Pullman. I had only read this book once before, so I didn't remember it at all. Great book though.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This book is such a delight to read. I read it about half a dozen times as a kid, but hadn't read it in about 10 years. Love it. Such amazing writing and the story is very compelling. Now I need to track down a copy of the film and watch it.
What books did you read this month? What was your favourite book that you read in 2011?