Yesterday, on Day Nine of the Raw Food Challenge, I ate:
- 1 glass lemon water, 1 apple, and a few corn chips (I made them in the dehydrator the night before and had to taste them when they were ready the next morning ).
- 1 banana with cashew butter and 1 glass lemon water with 1/2 scoop calcium/magnesium powder
- Salad with romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, alfalfa/mustard/clover/radish sprouts, carrot juice pulp, broccoli, and pomegranate/orange dressing. I must admit, I have never been an avocado person (unless it’s in a sushi roll), but I figured it would be a good idea to try it out while I’m eating raw for those healthy fats. And it actually tastes alright in a salad! Victory.
- A few corn chips with guacamole, 1 apple with cinnamon, and 1 date dipped in sunflower seed butter
- Small amount of brownie (1/4 of the mixture of 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup dates, and 1/8 cup cacao powder in the food processor) and 1 probiotic capsule with a glass of lemon water (with 1/2 scoop calcium/magnesium powder in it)
- 1 glass water and 1 mug peppermint tea
- A few raisins, juice pulp flatbread with hummus, and carrot soup. For the soup, I juiced 1 tomato, 2 carrots, and 1/2 cucumber in the juicer, then blended them in the blender with some onion, raisins, black pepper, some of the carrot pulp, and a little bit of extra water. Then I added corn cut from 1/2 cob, a handful of soaked lentils, 1 chopped celery stalk, and a handful of peas (these were frozen peas that I defrosted by placing in hot water), and put it in a pot on the stove. I heated it at a very low temperature so that I could still touch it without it being too hot but so that it was warm enough to be soup. Thanks to Amanda for this great idea! It was a tasty soup.
- Another 1/4 of the brownie (can you say chocolate craving?) along with about 3/4 of a banana