Yesterday, on Day Four of the Raw Food Challenge, I ate:
– Banana pancakes (I used this recipe but made them a smaller pancake-size rather than crepe-size) spread with sunflower seed butter and topped with blueberries, plus a glass of homemade juice made with a small handful green grapes, 1/2 zucchini, 1 mandarin orange, and 1/4 lemon. This was a very tasty meal all around! I liked the addition of the grapes to the juice. The pancakes were very sweet but they were excellent with the seed butter and I’m sure they would taste equally delicious with the cashew cream recipe included at Rawmazing. I also took a digestive enzyme capsule with 1 glass lemon water.
– 1 apple dusted with cinnamon plus 1 carrot cut into sticks, 2 cups green tea, and 1 piece flatbread spread with hummus
– Salad with mixed spring greens, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, alfalfa/mustard/clover/radish sprouts, green pepper, 1/2 cob chopped corn, and homemade orange pomegranate dressing with 1 cinnamon apple on the side and 1 mug green tea
– Flatbread spread with hummus and topped with sprouts, tomato, and cucumber. It reminded me of pizza for some very strange reason.
– Yet another 1 1/2 apples with cinnamon and a mug of green tea. It was the only thing available at work for me to eat (holiday goodies now being off-limits with the Raw Food Challenge) after I finished my greens and flatbread!
– A couple (big) handfuls cashews and filberts (which are cousins of hazelnuts). It turns out we had raw nuts at the office after all 🙂
– 1 1/2 mugs black tea
Because I was at work all day, and I forgot my lemon water, I wound up drinking tea instead. And eating copious amounts of nuts. Tasty.